Could Laser Therapy Help Your Injury?
Laser Therapy is the use of a low level laser to stimulate the growth of new cells at the site of injuries. While not appropriate for all types of injuries, this type of therapy can be used to treat many conditions that both athletes and ordinary people may suffer from at certain points in their life.
Laser Therapy in Thornhill: Could It Speed Your Recovery?
Wherever you are in the GTA, you can visit our Thornhill clinic for treatment by one of our health care practitioners. Laser Therapy could help to accelerate the recovery process if you are suffering from one of the following conditions:
- Strains & Sprains – Laser treatment can help to reduce inflammation and accelerate healing of muscle and ligament strains. In addition to promoting faster healing of the affected tissue, targeted laser therapy can help to relieve pain without the use of drugs.
- Fractures – Low level lasers can be effective and useful in the treatment of fractures as well. The accelerated cellular growth that lasers promote in skin and soft tissue cells works in the same way on bone cells.
- Back and Neck Pain – Pain in the back and neck that may be from an injury or from postural issues responds well to laser treatment; it is almost certainly because of its anti-inflammatory action that it has proved so useful in treating this type of pain.
- Post-Operative Tendon and Muscle Repair – Damage to tissue that is sustained during a medical procedure can also be treated with laser therapy. Thornhill residents who would like to find out more about this particular area of treatment can either speak to their surgeon before the procedure in question or call our clinic for further information.
- Nerve Pain – If you should sustain a disc injury while playing a sport or lifting heavy objects, laser treatment can help to promote healing in the region where the disc has been damaged. Although spontaneous recovery from such injuries is not uncommon, faster results are achievable when using laser technology to stimulate local cell growth and repair.
If you would like to find out more information about laser therapy in Thornhill available at our clinic, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by phone or email. We are open six days a week, until 7pm or 8pm on most days, to ensure that we are able to offer our patients a wide choice of convenient times during which they can schedule an appointment with an experienced health care practitioner.