Physiotherapy in Thornhill
Physiotherapy helps restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability. Physiotherapists help people through movement and exercise, manual therapy, modalities and education to restore movement and function and help with alleviating their pain.
6 Signs You May Need Physiotherapy
Many people believe physiotherapy to be the exclusive reserve of world class athletes or people confined to a wheelchair due to illness, accident or age. But nothing could be further from the truth. The reality is that physiotherapy is useful for anyone who is suffering from any type of significant physical pain or discomfort. While you won’t have to seek out physiotherapy every time you have body aches after working out there are a number of health situations for which physiotherapy is the appropriate response.
Affordable, Effective Physiotherapy in Thornhill
While there’s no reason to seek out physiotherapy in Thornhill every time you wake up with an ache there are plenty of signs to look for which would indicate physiotherapy might be in order, including:
- Chronic back pain: Many people feel there’s nothing they can do about back pain and suffer in silence. Don’t let this be you. A properly trained and experienced physiotherapist can help relieve this type of chronic pain and set you back on the path to enjoying life again.
- Balance issues: Sometimes in the wake of injury or illness a person will experience a loss of balance. A physiotherapist can help you retrain your body to increase your balance and stability.
- Recovery from stroke: A stroke can have a significant effect on a person’s ability to move in a fluid, natural manner. Often times the impairment is severe. Physiotherapy helps restore muscle awareness and with it the mobility necessary for stroke patients to resume their life.
- Sleep disruptions: People who suffer from chronic pain often suffer insomnia as a result. This lack of sleep can aggravate the original condition and send things spiralling out of control. Professional Care Rehab physiotherapy in Thornhill can help you return to a normal sleep cycle by effectively treating the aggravated condition.
- General mobility issues: Instead of seeking treatment many people who’ve suffered an injury simply accept that they’re going to be hobbled for the rest of their lives. But it doesn’t have to be so. Physiotherapy can help restore functional mobility to patients suffering from different types of injuries.
- Flare ups of old problems: Sometimes a pain from an old injury might go away quickly but other times it lingers. In cases like this a series of visits to the physiotherapist can work wonders relieving the pain and getting your life back on track.
Professional Care Rehab is the place more people in the GTA choose for treatment of their acute, chronic or recurring pain, discomfort and mobility issues. We help people from all walks of life who have suffered many types of injuries and illness recover and return to function and we can do the same for you. Don’t suffer through another day of chronic pain or restricted mobility. Call Professional Care Rehab today for the highest quality physiotherapy in Thornhill.
Looking for Physiotherapy in Thornhill?
Contact us today