Qualifications and Experience Your Registered Massage Therapy Practitioner Should Have
Massage therapy can be very effective in the treatment of various injuries and conditions, as well as being a great stress reliever. However, before you book a session with a local therapist, you need to make sure they have the relevant qualifications and experience to help you. Whether you are seeking treatment here in Thornhill or elsewhere in Ontario, you should ensure that, at a minimum, your chosen therapist is a registered member of a regulatory college or local association of professional therapists.
Choosing the Right Practitioner for Registered Massage Therapy in Thornhill
Before booking an appointment with a local therapist, make sure they tick all the right boxes as far as experience and qualifications are concerned.
- RMT – A Registered Massage Therapist must have completed a recognised course with an accredited college, which means you can rely on them to have reached a certain level of proficiency and to have acquired an in-depth knowledge of massage therapy in the process. If you book an appointment with somebody who is not an RMT, you will have to take their word for it that they know what they are doing but would you do this with a local doctor or surgeon? If not, why take the chance when visiting a massage therapist for the first time?
- Experience in Rehabilitative Massage – If you are seeking registered massage therapy in Thornhill to help you overcome an injury, you should make sure that the therapist you visit has experience in this particular branch of massage treatment. While all registered therapists will have covered the basics during their studies at an accredited college, only those with relevant practical experience will have the necessary expertise to treat a wide range of physical ailments.
- Experience in Swedish Massage Therapy – People who are looking for a therapist to administer massage therapy for relaxation should make sure that the practitioner they choose to visit has experience of Swedish massage techniques. It is this particular branch of massage that is geared towards the promotion of feelings of relaxation by manipulating muscles and soft tissue in a certain way.
Additional Factors to Consider When Choosing a Therapist
In addition to ensuring that your therapist has the appropriate qualifications and experience to administer the therapy you require, you should consider the following factors:
- Premises – Registered Massage Therapists that practice out of a chiropractic & rehabilitation clinic such as ours will have been closely vetted before taking up their position. This ensures a high quality and standard of work and professionalism.
- Rates – The cheapest therapist is often not the best choice but even so, you will want to consider price when choosing between two or three suitably qualified practitioners. As with every other field, you can often obtain better value if you are prepared to shop around.
Whatever your needs, call us today to book a session of registered massage therapy in Thornhill!