How to Look After Your Back: Top Tips From Our Chiropractic Clinic
While a Chiropractor can undoubtedly assist you to resolve existing problems, whether that be poor posture or chronic pains in one or multiple muscles or joints, a large part of our job is helping you to prevent these problems from occurring in the first place. Back pains are one of the most common injuries that we treat at our Chiropractic Clinic in Thornhill and during this post we’re going to outline a few of our top tips for preventing back pain. Many of these tips are extremely easy to implement but can make a real difference.
Best Ways to Prevent back Pain: Tips from a Leading Thornhill Chiropractic Clinic
A bad back can wreak havoc and make even the simplest of daily activities feel like a real challenge. You must make a conscious effort to look after it to preserve its condition and you can do that by following these tips:
- Exercise Regularly – While good for your health in general, exercising regularly is a great way to avoid a bad back. It helps you to remain strong and mobile, both of which are vital if you are to avoid back injuries. However, if you experience any pain during these exercises, don’t continue.
- Listen to Your Back – While it’s important to keep active, it’s equally important to listen to your back. If you feel pain, this is your back’s way of telling you that something isn’t quite right and that you should stop right away. Never try and “run it off.”
- Ensure You Warm Up – Any time you’re going to be carrying out a physical activity, whether it be a type of sport or cleaning around the house, you should make sure your back is properly warmed up. This ensures your back is prepared for the movements you will likely carry out.
- Always Lift Correctly – Many people attend our Chiropractic Clinic to address back pain that was caused by improper lifting. Always make sure you utilize the proper technique, which involves keeping the back straight throughout the lift. It doesn’t matter how heavy the item is either; we’ve known people to slip a disc lifting relatively light items!
- Don’t Block the Problem Out – If you have been experiencing back pain for an extended period of time and have been taking medication, you need to visit a Chiropractic Clinic as this medication is simply masking the problem and the source of the pain remains.
If you are having trouble with your back, particularly if it is a long term problem, you should seriously consider consulting a trained Chiropractor in Thornhill. You can do so by calling us at 905-553-0227.